The Bible, inspired, inerrant, and authoritative is our only certain and infallible rule of saving knowledge, faith, and obedience. We acknowledge the Word of God to be the supreme authority in all matters of faith, morals, and order.
We hold to the 2nd London Baptist Confession of the Faith as a solid & trustworthy standard for doctrine.
Our Doctrinal Position Summary:
1. We believe man's chief purpose is to glorify God and enjoy a relationship with Him forever. We see worshipping God and the pursuit of holiness as priorities in fulfilling this purpose.
(Jer. 9:24; 1 Cor. 1:26-31;10:31; Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 1:13-21)
2. We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only absolute truth. The Bible is the only authoritative rule of faith, worship, and Christian obedience.
(1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:19-21)
3. We believe that God is one God in three persons -God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, all fully God, equal in power and glory.
(Mat. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 8:6; Gal. 4:6; 1 John 5:7)
4. We believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten, virgin born son of God, the second person of the Blessed Trinity, and God manifest in the flesh.
(1 Tim. 3:16; Jn. 1:1-14; 10:36; 14:9; Isa. 7:14; Mat. 1:18-25)
5. We believe that all men are sinners both by their nature and by their acts, deserving God's wrath and condemnation. All men are wholly unable to save themselves by good works and are unable to change themselves without God's work.
(Jer. 13:23; 17:9-10; Rom. 3:10-19, 23; 1 Cor. 2:14)
6. We believe that God saves men from beginning to end by His Sovereign Grace, none deserving His mercy more than any other. Even faith and repentance are gifts that God must bring through His Spirit in regeneration before we can confess our sins and believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.
(Jn. 1:12-13; Rom. 9:14-23; Eph. 2:1-10)
7.We believe that Jesus Christ died to save His people from their sins and that the shedding of His own blood on the cross secured their salvation eternally.
(Isa. 53:4-12; Mat. 1:21; John 10:11-15)
8. We believe that God calls and saves men from every tribe, tongue, people and nation. We are commanded to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and invite all to come to Him for salvation, trusting that God will accomplish His own will, and that His Word will not return void.
(Isa. 55:11; 2 Cor. 2:12-17; Rev. 5:9-10)
9. We believe that God will preserve to the end all whom He has called and saved. Also, all whom God preserves will persevere in Christ to the end, bearing the fruits of repentance and faith with a godly life.
(Jn. 6:37-40; 10:27-29; Rom. 8:28-30; 1 Pet. 1:5)
10. We believe God has ordained the ministry of local, independent, indigenous assemblies of believers (churches) to accomplish His work. The church's membership is to be composed of regenerated, baptized believers. The two ordinances of the local church are believer's baptism by immersion, and the memorial of the Lord's supper until He returns. The church is to be missionary and evangelistic in spreading the Gospel into all the world.
(Acts 2:41-47; 20:17-32; Mat. 28:16-20; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Cor. 11:23-34)
11. God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. Children, from the moment of conception, are a blessing and heritage from the Lord. Parents are to teach their children from God’s Word how to live Godly lives. Children are to honor and obey their parents.
(Gen. 2:15-25; Ex. 20:12; Deut. 6:4-9; Ps. 78:1-8; 127; 139:13-16; Prov. 22:6,15; Mat. 19:3-9; 1 Cor. 7:1-16; Eph. 5:21-33; 6:1-4; Col. 3:18-21; Titus 2:3-5)